Avocado Melon Breakfast Smoothie
A delightful concoction of green fruits and vegetables plus fat-free dairy. With convenience built in, this refreshing smoothie can be made a day ahead. Keeps well in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1 cup honeydew melon chunks (about 1 slice)
- lime, juiced (1 1/2 tsp lime juice)
- 1 cup 8 oz milk (fat free)
- 1 cup fat-free yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 cup 100% apple juice or white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit.
- Scoop out flesh, place in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend well.
- Serve cold. (Keeps well in refrigerator up to 24 hours. If made ahead, stir gently before pouring into glasses.)
Serving Suggestions: Serve with one slice toasted whole-wheat bread.
Produce For Better Health Foundation