Black Bean Quesadillas
Enjoy a quesadilla any night of the week! This quesadilla recipe can be served as a tasty lunch, dinner, or side dish.
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa (or pico de gallo)
- 1 can (15.5 oz) low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 4 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Using a small-hole strainer, drain liquid from salsa; discard liquid.
- Transfer leftover tomato mixture to a medium bowl.
- Mix in black beans, cheese, and cilantro until combined.
- Divide black bean mixture evenly over half of each tortilla (about 1/2 cup each).
- Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush with oil.
- Place filled tortillas on a griddle.
- Cook, carefully flipping once, until tortillas are gold brown and crisp and cheese filling melts, about 5 minutes.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges.
- Serves 8 as a side dish.
- Serving suggestions: For a wholesome dinner, serve with Tasty Lemon and Herb Chicken, Brown Rice with Vegetables, and a piece of fruit for dessert.
Learn more about:
The Best of La Cocina GOYA: Healthy, Tasty, Affordable Latin Cooking/ Lo Mejor de la Cocina GOYA: Cocina Latina Saludable, Rica y Económica