Brown Rice Tabbouleh
Try this refreshing Mediterranean inspired dish with tomatoes and cucumbers and seasoned with mint and parsley. Ready in less than 30 minutes or make the night before for a bolder taste.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine rice, cucumber, tomato, parsley, mint, green onions, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in large bowl.
2. Toss well and chill.
- Use leftover brown rice from a meal cooked earlier in the week. Or, make a big batch on the weekend to use in this dish and for other easy weeknight meals.
- For best taste, refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve over fish or lean meats, with hummus and pita, or as a stuffing inside fresh tomatoes.
- Materials: Large bowl, Measuring cups, Measuring spoons, Mixing spoon, Sharp knife.