Chicken Salad and Peach Sandwich
Crunch into this chicken salad sandwich with crisp celery, apples, and red onion, rounded out by sweet peaches and soft, whole grain bread. Perfect for a picnic or packed lunch!
- 4 slices of whole grain bread
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken (diced)
- 1/2 cup canned peach slices (drained and diced)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 cup apples (Fuji, Gala, or Braeburn)
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise (nonfat)
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnut
- Mix together the chicken, apples, peaches, celery, onion, walnuts, and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Spoon mixture onto 2 slices of the bread.
USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion