This popular soup is sure to please any hungry stomach.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can low-sodium whole kernel corn (about 15 ounces)
- 2 cans low-sodium cream style corn (about 30 ounces)
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large pot, brown ground beef over medium to high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain off fat.
2. Add water, corn kernels, cream style corn, onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper to pot. Mix well.
3. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Tip for cooking ground beef: The recommended safe minimum internal temperature for ground beef is 160 degrees F as measured with a food thermometer.
A Harvest of Recipes with USDA Foods