This popular soup is sure to please any hungry stomach.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can low-sodium whole kernel corn (about 15 ounces)
- 2 cans low-sodium cream style corn (about 30 ounces)
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot, brown ground beef over medium to high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain off fat.
- Add water, corn kernels, cream style corn, onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper to pot. Mix well.
- Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
A Harvest of Recipes with USDA Foods
USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations