Cucumber Blueberry Salad
A quick, simple and refreshing salad featuring fresh blueberries and crisp cucumber chunks with feta cheese, arugula and a lime vinaigrette.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic (or other) vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed or bottled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium greenhouse-grown cucumber, cut into small chunks
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts (toasted optional)
- 4 slices whole grain bread
1. In a small bowl whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
2. In a large bowl mix together all salad ingredients, except bread.
3. When ready to serve, add vinaigrette to salad and toss.
4. Toast bread, then cut into four pieces.
Produce for Better Health Foundation