Garden Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is a cool and delightful addition to lunch or dinner. It goes with soup or a sandwich.
- 1/2 cup macaroni, cooked
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine macaroni, onions, cucumbers, and green peppers. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix vinegar, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. If using parsley, add that too.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the pasta. Mix well.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes. Serve cold.
A Harvest of Recipes with USDA Foods
USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations