Grape and Cashew Salad Sandwich
The creamy and tangy goodness of low-fat cottage cheese is the perfect balance to sweet grapes and cashews. Enjoy this salad as a sandwich filling or on a bed of lettuce.
- 3/4 cup dry roasted cashews (unsalted, coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes (quartered)
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, grapes, celery, cashews, parsley, and ground black pepper.
- Toast bread and build sandwiches following steps 3 and 4.
- Spread 1/4 salad mix on 4 of the bread slices.
- Add two lettuce leaves to each sandwich; top with 2nd bread slice.
Produce for Better Health Foundation