Grilled Cheese with Peaches
This grilled cheese packs an unexpected twist with the sweetness of canned peaches! Not only is this sandwich a quick and easy lunch, but also a fun way to add more fruit and veggies to your day.
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1 15-oz can of peaches, drained
- 8 slices low-fat cheddar cheese
- 7 1/2 cups spinach
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Heat the 4 tsp of vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place 4 slices of whole grain bread in the pan.
- Layer (in this order) one slice of cheese, a handful of spinach, 4 to 6 peach slices, another slice of cheese, and a slice of bread on top of each original slice of bread.
- After 4 to 5 minutes, flip each sandwich and cook another 4 to 5 minutes.
Try this recipe with other leafy greens, such as arugula, and other cheeses.
Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion