Grilled Pineapple Ginger Glazed Chicken with Zucchini and Peppers
Fresh pineapple chunks and an easy glaze made with pineapple juice add tropical and zingy flavors to grilled chicken.
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice (12-ounce bottle)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous, dry
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless (cut into 4 portions)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sweet yellow onion (cut into wedges)
- 2 large zucchini (cut into chunks)
- 1 red pepper (cut into 8 strips)
- 1 orange pepper (cut into 8 strips)
- 8 pineapple spears (2-1/2 x 1-1/4 inch, about 1 ounce each)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- To make the glaze, combine pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and mustard in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil; boil for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Cook couscous according to package directions.
- While couscous is cooking, toss chicken breast with oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken, for 2 minutes per side or until grill-marked. Continue to grill, basting and turning with Pineapple Ginger Glaze, for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked.
- Grill onion, zucchini, red pepper, orange pepper and pineapple spears, basting with Pineapple Ginger Glaze, for 3 to 5 minutes or until grill-marked and tender.
- Serve chicken with vegetables and pineapple over couscous.
- Garnish with green onions.
Serve with 8 oz non-fat milk.
Produce for Better Health Foundation