Jean’s Banana Pudding Parfait
Try my “makeover” banana pudding parfait recipe and enjoy your dessert without feeling over-stuffed. My version has half the calories and twice as much dairy. This recipe is proof that you can “lighten up” without giving up on taste! ~ Jean, CNPP Nutritionist
- 8 ginger snap cookies (crushed)
- 7 medium ripe bananas (sliced thin)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1-oz box instant sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fat-free frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 10 8-oz parfait cups or drinking glasses
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mix; blend well (about 2 minutes).
- Add yogurt and vanilla extract; blend until smooth.
- Stir the thawed whipped topping into the mixture.
- Line the bottom of the parfait cups with a teaspoon of crumbled ginger snaps.
- Layer 6 banana slices on top of the cookies; then 2 tbsp of the yogurt mixture on top. Repeat with another layer of the ginger snaps, bananas, and yogurt mixture.
- Top with cinnamon or crushed cookie for garnish.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator.
Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion