Mango Cucumber Soup
Sweet, ripe mangoes are the basis for this refreshing and quick chilled summer soup. It's a no-stove recipe that's perfect when outdoor temperatures rise.
- 2 ripe mangoes (divided)
- 1 English cucumber (divided)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced (optional)
- lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 containers plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Cut all but one half of mango into chunks, removing peel and pit; chill remaining mango half for use with garnish.
- Slice off 1/4 of the cucumber and chill for use with garnish. Coarsely chop remaining 3/4 of the cucumber.
- Place chopped mango, cucumber, onion, and pepper (optional) in blender or food processor with lime juice and water. Purée until smooth.
- Blend in yogurt. Chill until ready to serve.
- About 15 to 30 minutes before serving, prepare garnish. Dice chilled mango half, removing peel and pit; dice remaining cucumber. Mix mango and cucumber dices with cilantro. To serve, top bowls of soup with garnish.
Produce for Better Health Foundation