Microwave Denver Scramble Slider
This quick egg scramble sandwich is made fast in the microwave for a great on-the-go breakfast, lunch or snack.
- 2 tablespoons chopped red or green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 thin slice deli ham (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 slider-size bun or whole wheat English muffin (split and toasted)
- Place peppers and onions in 8-oz. ramekin or custard cup, or in a small bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds; stir. Add egg, ham and water, beat until egg is blended.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds; stir. Microwave until egg is almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve in bun.
- Don't overcook. Scrambled eggs will continue to cook and firm up after removed from microwave.
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.
Meeting Your MyPlate Goals on a Budget Toolkit by MyPlate National Strategic Partners.