One-Dish Roasted Potatoes and Apples with Chicken Sausage
A scrumptious and easy one-dish baked meal that's perfect for chilly fall and winter evenings.
- 3 red potatoes or your favorite potato variety (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 red apples (Fuji, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, Gala, etc.)
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 chicken herb link sausages (12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Cut potatoes into chunks, place in 2-quart baking dish.
- Drizzle with canola oil. Toss to coat.
- Roast potatoes in oven for about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, cut apples and onions into chunks, and sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- Remove baking dish from oven and reduce heat to 375 °F. Add all remaining ingredients to baking dish and toss.
- Return baking dish to oven and roast an additional 30 minutes until apples and potatoes are tender.
Produce for Better Health