Pineapple Avocado Chicken Salad
Delicious sandwich, wrap or pita filling featuring chunks of avocado, pineapple and chicken. Avocado helps make a creamy, luscious dressing.
- 1 avocado (divided)
- 2 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken breast (about 8 oz.)
- 4 6 1/2" whole wheat pita pockets (or 8-4" pita pockets)
- Mash ½ avocado in a small dish; add yogurt, rice vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cut remaining avocado into small chunks and mix together with pineapple, bell pepper, carrots, cabbage, green onion and chicken.
- Add dressing; mix gently.
- Fill pita pockets and serve.
Serve with 8 oz non-fat milk
Produce for Better Health