Potato, Black Bean, & Kale Skillet
A lively Southwestern skillet dish featuring diced potatoes, kale, and black beans, spiced up with garlic, chili, and cayenne, and topped with a dollop of non-fat Greek yogurt.
- 4 red potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups kale (curly Italian or other variety, approx. 6 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can 15 oz. no salt added black beans (drained and and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Dice potatoes into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Chop kale.
- Heat oil, in large skillet over medium heat, Add garlic and onions; cook 2 to 3 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Add diced potatoes, chili, salt, and pepper to skillet, cover with lid and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped kale and black beans. Cook about 3 to 5 more minutes, stirring gently.
- Serve with Greek yogurt.
Produce for Better Health Foundation