The ultimate in simplicity, this recipe calls for chicken and cream of chicken soup. Pair it with a salad, or roasted mixed vegetables for a colorful dinner. Even better, 2-step around the kitchen while it is heating up, getting some physical activity while you cook!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oil in a skillet at a medium-high setting.
- Add chicken and cook for ten minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Stir the soup and water together in the skillet and heat it to a boil.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
To lower sodium content, use reduced sodium cream of chicken soup.
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education. Simple Healthy Recipes.