Angel Food Cake
This recipe gives clear and easy instructions for making the classic, fluffy cake.
- 12 egg whites (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour (sifted)
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar and beat until stiff, but not dry. Gradually beat in the sugar
- Add the vanilla and salt and then gently fold in the flour.
- Pour the mix into an angel food tubular pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned.
Ohio State University Cooperative Extension
Sandusky County Family Nutrition Program