Angel Food Cake
This recipe gives clear and easy instructions for making the classic, fluffy cake.
- 12 egg whites (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour (sifted)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy.
2. Add the cream of tartar and beat until stiff, but not dry. Gradually beat in the sugar
3. Add the vanilla and salt and then gently fold in the flour.
4. Pour the mix into an angel food tubular pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned.
Ohio State University Cooperative Extension, Sandusky County. Family Nutrition Program.