Sliced apples and apricot jam glaze on top make this a great cake for special occasions.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (grated)
- 2 apples (medium, pared, cored, sliced)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons apricot jam (1/2 cup)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Beat butter with sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, and lemon rind, beat 4 minutes.
- Pour into greased 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Arrange the apples on the batter, sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 °F.
- Remove from pan, brush apples with jam, cool.
Wellness Ways Resource Book: Taste of the World
University of Illinois Extension Service