Apple Cinnamon Bars
Apples are sandwiched between two cinnamon crumb layers for a delicious treat.
- 4 apple (medium)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup shortening
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, brown sugar, and oats in the mixing bowl. Stir together.
- Add the shortening to the bowl. Use the 2 table knives to mix the ingredients and cut them into crumbs.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of the baking dish with a little bit of shortening.
- Spread half of the crumb mixture in the greased baking dish.
- Remove the core from the apples and slice them. Put the apple slices into the baking dish.
- Top the apples with the rest of the crumb mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Cut into squares. It will fall apart easily.
- You can use applesauce (16 ounces) or canned apples in place of fresh apples. You can use either peeled or unpeeled apples.
- Learn more about apples.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network
Recetas del Sitio Web