Apple Coffee Cake
This coffee cake provides a nice mix of apples, raisins, and pecans.
- 5 cups apple (tart, cored, peeled, and chopped)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup raisins (dark)
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (ground)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly oil a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples with sugar, raisins, and pecans; mix well. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Stir in oil, vanilla, and egg. Sift together flour, soda, and cinnamon; stir into apple mixture about 1/3 at a time, just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Turn batter into pan. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool cake slightly before serving.
Learn more about:
A Healthier You: Based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans
US Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion