The sweet and crunchy coleslaw blends cabbage, carrot, apple, and green pepper for a colorful side dish. You can also try it without the mayonnaise!
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 carrot (medium, grated)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 apple (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons yogurt, low-fat
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1. Wash the cabbage. Cut it into fine shreds, until you have 2 cups of cabbage.
2. Peel the carrot. Grate it with a grater.
3. Chop half a green pepper into small pieces.
4. Remove the core, and chop the apple.
5. Put the cabbage, carrot, green pepper, and apple in a large mixing bowl. Stir together.
6. Put the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and dill weed in a small bowl. Stir together to make a dressing.
7. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to mix.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network