Apple Tuna Sandwiches
A twist on the traditional tuna salad sandwich, this version features a combination of sweet and tangy flavors.
- 1 can tuna, packed in water (6.5 ounces, drained)
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup yogurt, low-fat vanilla
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 lettuce leaves
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash and peel the apple. Chop it into small pieces.
- Drain the water from the can of tuna.
- Put the tuna, apple, yogurt, mustard, and honey in a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the tuna mix onto each 3 slices of bread.
- Top each sandwich with a washed lettuce leaf and a slice of bread.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network