Learn to make your own granola in an oven, skillet, or even the microwave. It's easy and you can be creative with what you put in it.
- 3 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup coconut (shredded or flaked)
- 1 cup pecans (chopped, or try walnuts or peanuts)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup margarine (melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cup raisins
Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oven to 350 ºF. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except raisins, mix well.
- Bake in 13x9 inch baking pan at 350 ºF for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Stir every 5 minutes.
- Stir in raisins. Cool thoroughly. Store in tightly covered container.
- Combine all ingredients except raisins in a large microwave safe bowl; mix well.
- Set electric skillet at 300 ºF and stir mixture constantly until lightly browned.
- Place in a bowl and stir in raisins. Cool thoroughly.
- Store in tightly covered container.
- Combine all ingredients, except raisins in a large microwave safe bowl; mix well.
- Place in 11x7 glass baking dish.
- Cook at HIGH about 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after every 2 minutes of cooking; stir in raisins.
- Place onto un-greased cookie sheet or aluminum foil to cool. Cool thoroughly. Store in a tightly covered container.
Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service
Expanded Nutrition Program - Hidalgo County