Learn to make your own granola in an oven, skillet, or even the microwave. It's easy and you can be creative with what you put in it.
- 3 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup coconut (shredded or flaked)
- 1 cup pecans (chopped, walnuts or peanuts)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup margarine (liquid)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cup raisins
1. Heat oven to 350º F. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except raisins, mix well.
2. Bake in 13x9 inch baking pan at 350ºF for 25- 30 minutes or until golden brown. Stir every 5 minutes.
3. Stir in raisins. Cool thoroughly. Store in tightly covered container.
1. Combine all ingredients except raisins in a large microwave safe bowl; mix well.
2. Set electric skillet at 300º F and stir mixture constantly until lightly browned.
3. Place in a bowl and stir in raisins. Cool thoroughly.
4. Store in tightly covered container.
1. Combine all ingredients, except raisins in a large microwave safe bowl; mix well.
2. Place in 11x7 in glass baking dish.
3. Cook at HIGH about 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after every 2 minutes of cooking; stir in raisins.
4. Place onto un-greased cookie sheet or aluminum foil to cool. Cool thoroughly. Store in a tightly covered container.
Texas AgriLife Extension,
Expanded Nutrition Program - Hidalgo County