Baked Lemon Chicken
Lemon, onions, and thyme decorate this oven-baked chicken.
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken (skinned and cut into 10 pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced, or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 4 teaspoons thyme sprigs (4 fresh sprigs, or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 3 cups onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon (sliced into 10 slices, seeds removed)
1. Combine salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme.
2. Lay chicken pieces into a 11x13 baking pan. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken.
3. Combine onions, stock, and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Heat to a boil.
4. Pour hot lemon mixture around chicken. Top each chicken piece with a lemon slice.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees until golden brown and juices are clear colored.
USDA, Team Nutrition, Food Family Fun