Baked Lentils Casserole
Baked lentils, vegetables, and cheese make a complete vegetarian dinner in one dish.
- 1 cup lentils (rinsed)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- garlic powder (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
- 1 can tomatoes, low-sodium (14.5 ounces)
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine lentils, water, seasonings, onion, and tomatoes.
- Place in 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover tightly with lid or foil.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add carrots. Stir.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Remove cover and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
Let’s Make Meatless Meals
University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension Service