Baked Lentils Casserole
Baked lentils, vegetables, and cheese make a complete vegetarian dinner in one dish.
- 1 cup lentils (rinsed)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/4 garlic powder (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1. Combine lentils, water, seasonings, onion, and tomatoes.
2. Place in 2 quart casserole dish.
3. Cover tightly with lid or foil.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and add carrots. Stir.
6. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer.
7. Remove cover and sprinkle cheese on top.
8. Bake, uncovered 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
University of Wisconsin, Cooperative Extension Service, Let’s Make Meatless Meals