Make your own meatballs to use now or freeze them for a quick dinner at another time.
- 1 pound ground beef, 90% lean (or ground turkey)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk, 1% (or non-fat)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all ingredients, shape into balls (about 24 meatballs).
- Arrange on baking sheets that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 °F for 12-15 minutes. It is best to use a food safety thermometer to check for doneness. It should read 160 °F for ground beef and 165 °F for ground turkey.
- If meatballs are being saved for future use, chill rapidly; package in amounts needed per meal and freeze immediately.
Learn more about:
Simple Healthy Recipes
Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education