Basic Steamed Collards
Making this side dish is a simple way to add leafy greens to your meal.
- 3 cups collard greens (washed and cut)
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash and cut 5 large collard leaves, removing the thick stems.
- Place greens in a pot with about 1 inch of water, cover with a lid, and bring to a boil.
- After water boils, reduce to low heat and steam for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Learn more about:
University of Maryland Extension
Food Supplement Nutrition Education Program