Make this easy enchilada recipe tonight for a quick and healthy dinner. Serve it with Brazillian Rice on the side.
- 4 cups pinto beans (cooked, or 2-15 ounce low sodium cans)
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese (reduced-fat)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- salsa (optional)
- Place beans in a large bowl and mash coarsely with a fork or potato masher; stir in chili powder.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 45 seconds, or until tortillas are soft and warm.
- Divide bean mixture among tortillas and spread down center of tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on bean mixture.
- Roll tortillas to enclose mixture.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Place enchiladas, seam side down, into baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 °F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm with salsa.
In the Kitchen with Chef Stephanie Green
Arizona Nutrition Network
Fun to make and really tasty.