Beef Pot Roast
This pot roast recipe is seasoned with orange juice, allspice, and pepper for a savory meal.
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast (boneless)
- 2 cups water (hot)
- 1 beef bouillon (cube)
- 1/16 cup orange juice (1 Tablespoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. In a small bowl, put the bouillon cube in 2 cups hot water. Stir it until the bouillon cube dissolves. This will make 2 cups of beef broth.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the broth, orange juice, allspice, and pepper.
3. Peel and chop the onion, to make 1/2 cup chopped onion.
4. Put 2 tablespoons water in the skillet. Heat on medium.
5. Put the onion in the skillet. Simmer it until tender.
6. Add the roast to the skillet. Brown it on all sides.
7. Pour the broth mix over the meat in the skillet.
8. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network