Berries with Banana Cream
Make your own "banana cream" with yogurt, banana, and fruit juice. Then, add on top of fresh sliced strawberries for a delicious dessert or snack. Add honey and cinnamon for extra flavor.
- 1/3 cup yogurt, low-fat plain
- 1/2 banana (ripe)
- 1/2 ounce fruit juice (orange works well)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Combine yogurt, banana, and juice and mash with a fork until most chunks are gone.
- Wash and slice strawberries.
- Top the berries with the yogurt banana mixture.
- Top with honey and cinnamon.
Learn more about:
Iowa Department of Public Health
Iowa Nutrition Network