Black Bean and Sweet Potato Quesadillas
Enjoy a simple twist on the classical quesadilla. These quesadillas can be served as a tasty lunch, dinner, or side dish.
- 2 sprays of nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium sweet potato (cooked and cut into pieces)
- 1 cup black beans, canned (low-sodium)
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 large chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, low-fat (or reduced fat plain yogurt)
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Sauté onion and garlic (using nonstick cooking spray) in a medium size pan until soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, black beans, spices, and jalapeno.
- Heat until just warm.
- Spread potato mixture over tortilla, then top with baby spinach, cheese, and onion.
- Top with second tortilla.
- Heat a pan on high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown quesadilla about one minute on each side until the inside is warm and the cheese is melted.
Bronson Wellness Center
Bronson Healthcare - Michigan