Black Bean Salsa
This salsa uses fresh and canned vegetables that are available year-round and add flavor and beautiful color. Kids and grown-ups alike can't resist how good it tastes and smells.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounce can)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (canned, drained)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (can use other vinegar such as red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Put beans and tomatoes into large mixing bowl.
- Dice peppers, onion, and garlic. Add to mixing bowl.
- Mix cumin, cilantro, and vinegar. Pour on top of beans and vegetables.
- Stir well.
Serve with baked whole grain tortilla chips.
Cornell University Cooperative Extension.