Black Bean Soup
Cumin, onion powder, oregano, and garlic pack a flavorful punch in this bean soup.
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth (fat removed, reduced sodium)
- 2 cans black beans (15 ounce each, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup salsa (thick and chunky)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Good Food Cookbook: A Special Collection of Quick and Healthy Bean Recipes
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County