Looking for a creative way to cook with breakfast cereal? Look no further than this recipe.
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups sugar
- 8 cups raisin bran (about 15 oz)
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup oil
- vegetable oil spray (or oil)
- Measure flour into 1-gallon container.
- Add salt, soda, sugar and raisin bran to the flour and mix well with spoon.
- With a spoon make a "well" in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In the medium size bowl, beat the eggs with a fork until whites and yolk are evenly blended.
- Add milk and oil to eggs. Beat with fork.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened (mixture will be lumpy).
- Lightly oil the bottoms of the paper cups in the muffin pan (or use muffin cups). Fill the muffin cups to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 425 °F for 15-20 minutes.
- Baked muffins can be frozen for future use.
Quick and Healthy Meals: Tips and Tools for Planning Meals for Your Family
Ohio State University Cooperative Extension