Broccoli Strawberry Orzo Salad
Fresh broccoli and strawberries are colorful additions to this refreshing summer delight. Lemon dressing brings a bright flavor to this pasta dish.
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli (chopped)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (diced)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey)
- poppy seeds (1 teaspoon, optional)
1. Cook orzo pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. In a large bowl, combine orzo pasta, broccoli, strawberries, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with lemon poppy seed vinaigrette and toss to combine.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
South Haven Health System - Community Fit!