Broccoli Strawberry Orzo Salad
Fresh broccoli and strawberries are colorful additions to this refreshing summer delight. Lemon dressing brings a bright flavor to this pasta dish.
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli (chopped)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (diced)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey)
- poppy seeds (1 teaspoon, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook orzo pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine orzo pasta, broccoli, strawberries, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with lemon poppy seed vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
South Haven Health System