Broiled Tomatoes and Cheese
This recipe is especially tasty when using tomatoes that are fresh from the garden or Farmers Market.
- 3 tomatoes (large, firm)
- 8 ounces cottage cheese, low-fat
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (plain)
- cooking spray (or vegetable oil)
- Wash tomatoes and cut in half.
- Mix cottage cheese, basil and pepper.
- Spread cheese on tomato halves.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and spray with cooking spray.
- Spray broiler pan with cooking spray. Place prepared tomatoes on a pan and broil about 10 minutes.
Learn more about tomatoes.
University of Massachusetts, Extension Nutrition Education Program, Choices: Steps Toward Health