Broiled Tomatoes and Cheese
This recipe is especially tasty when using tomatoes that are fresh from the garden or Farmers Market.
- 3 tomatoes (large, firm)
- 8 ounces cottage cheese, low-fat
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (plain)
- cooking spray (or vegetable oil)
1. Wash tomatoes and cut in half.
2. Mix cottage cheese, basil and pepper.
3. Spread cheese on tomato halves.
4. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and spray with cooking spray.
5. Spray broiler pan with cooking spray. Place prepared tomatoes on a pan and broil about 10 minutes.
Learn more about tomatoes.
University of Massachusetts, Extension Nutrition Education Program, Choices: Steps Toward Health