This hearty stew makes 8 servings or you can double it for a crowd. Skip the trip to the grocery store by using fresh leftover cooked chicken or turkey that has been properly stored and handled in addition to canned veggies from your pantry.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 cups chicken or turkey (cooked, diced and boned)
- 2 cups tomatoes, canned or cooked (low sodium)
- 2 cups lima beans, canned or cooked
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, canned or cooked
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onion and cook in oil until tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer for 30 minutes at medium-low.
- Makes 8 servings of about 1 cup each.
Virginia Cooperative Extension