Dill, mustard, and lemon juice give this crunchy salad a zesty dressing. Make the dressing ahead to save time later.
- 4 cups cabbage (shredded or thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup carrot (grated or finely sliced)
- 1/4 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 tablespoon onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill (or basil or parsley)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, light or low-fat
- 1/2 cup yogurt, non-fat plain
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. Wash and prepare vegetables for chopping.
2. Use a cheese grater or slice all vegetables thinly with a sharp knife.
3. Put in a large bowl.
4. Add herbs to taste.
5. Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, and sugar in a small bowl. Blend well. Add to vegetables.
6. Mix well. Keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.
University of Connecticut, Cooperative Extension, From the Farm to the Table p.12
Hispanic Health Council