Cool down in the heat with this fruit cooler. Refreshing orange juice mixed with sweet cantaloupe creates the perfect, easy-to-make drink! You can even get creative and use any fruit you please!
- 1 cantaloupe (ripe)
- 2 1/2 cups orange juice (cold)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (granulated)
- ice (crushed)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cut melon in half. Scoop out seeds, remove rind and discard. Cut melon into 1-inch cubes.
- In blender or food processor, blend melon cubes with 1/2 cup orange juice until smooth.
- Pour puree into pitcher and stir in the remaining orange juice and the sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into glasses filled with crushed ice.
Celebrate Health with a Lowfat Fiesta
California Department of Health Services
California Project LEAN