Cool down in the heat with this fruit cooler. Refreshing orange juice mixed with sweet cantaloupe creates the perfect, easy-to-make drink! You can even get creative and use any fruit you please!
- 1 cantaloupe (ripe)
- 2 1/2 cups orange juice (cold)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (granulated)
- ice (crushed)
1. Cut melon in half. Scoop out seeds, remove rind and discard. Cut melon into 1-inch cubes.
2. In blender or food processor, blend melon cubes with 1/2 cup orange juice until smooth.
3. Pour puree into pitcher and stir in the remaining orange juice and the sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour into glasses filled with crushed ice.
California Department of Health Services, Celebrate Health with a Lowfat Fiesta
California Project LEAN