Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Bake
A great recipe to use leftover chicken that has been properly handled combined with broccoli, cheese, onions, garlic, and brown rice to create a quick dinner.
- 5 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups rice
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 cup milk (skim)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup (condensed, 98% fat-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat (grated)
- 2 cups chicken (shredded, cooked)
- 2 cups broccoli (pieces)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. In large saucepan, bring water to boil. Add rice, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 20 minutes or until rice is soft.
- While rice is cooking combine milk, soup, salt, and pepper, mix well. When rice is done combine with milk mixture, chicken, and broccoli. Mix well.
- Grease 9x13 pan and pour mixture into pan. Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service