Chili Tomato Macaroni
You don’t have to use salt in this macaroni, tomato, and beef dish seasoned with the Eating Smart Seasoning Mix.
- 3/4 pound ground beef, 85% lean
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup macaroni, uncooked
- 1 can diced tomatoes, low-sodium (14.5 ounces, undrained)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, mild
- 2 servings Eating Smart Seasoning Mix (1/2 cup)
- salt (optional, to taste)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, drain the fat.
- Add water, macaroni, tomatoes, chili powder, and seasoning mix. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer covered on low heat for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Taste, and add a small amount of salt if desired.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Put the lid back on for 1 minute until the cheese is melted.
Learn more about:
Eating Smart, Being Active
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis