This recipe to can help make half your plate fruits and vegetables. Grapefruit sections are a great addition to fruit or green salads.
- 1 grapefruit (peeled)
- 1 orange (peeled)
- 10 cups fresh greens (lettuce)
- 1 red onion (small, sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
1. Cut fruit into bite size pieces.
2. Toss with lettuce and onion. Mix remaining ingredients for dressing. Drizzle over salad and toss just before serving.
Ponichtera, Brenda RD
ScaleDown Publishing, Inc., Quick and Healthy, Vol.II, 1995, p.100