This recipe to can help make half your plate fruits and vegetables. Grapefruit sections are a great addition to fruit or green salads.
- 1 grapefruit (peeled)
- 1 orange (peeled)
- 10 cups fresh greens (lettuce)
- 1 red onion (small, sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cut fruit into bite size pieces.
- Toss with lettuce and onion. Mix remaining ingredients for dressing. Drizzle over salad and toss just before serving.
Ponichtera, Brenda RD
ScaleDown Publishing, Inc., Quick and Healthy, Vol.II, 1995.