Put a new twist on classic mixed vegetables with a splash of lime juice, some olive oil, and fresh oregano.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (fresh, chopped)
- 4 cups mixed vegetables, sliced and steamed (such as zucchini, corn, and tomatoes)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Slice vegetables and steam in a small amount of water.
- Drain, and place in a bowl to cool.
- Mix lime juice with oil. Add oregano and combine.
- Pour lime juice mixture over cool vegetables and mix well.
US Department of Health and Human Services
National Cancer Institute