Corn and Bean Medley
Chili powder and pepper flakes give a spicy twist to this classic bean and corn side dish.
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup corn (canned, whole-kernel)
- 3/4 cup kidney beans (dry, cooked)
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- hot pepper flakes (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
1. Drain the canned corn, but reserve the liquid from the can.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of liquid from canned corn in saucepan.
3. Cook onion in liquid until soft, about 2 minutes.
4. Add corn, kidney beans, chili powder, and hot red pepper flakes to onion mixture.
5. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
USDA Food and Nutrition Service
Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations