Cowboy Caviar (Bean Salsa)
This salsa is a party favorite. Using pantry items liked canned beans, corn, and tomatoes, this recipe comes together quickly and can serve a crowd.
- 1 can kidney beans (15.5 ounces, low-sodium)
- 1 can black beans, drained (15 ounces, low-sodium)
- 1 can corn, drained (15 ounces, low-sodium)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (14.5 ounces, low-sodium)
- 1 can chopped green chilies (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- limes, juiced (3 limes, optional)
- salt (to taste, optional)
- black pepper (to taste, optional)
- hot sauce (to taste, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix kidney beans, black beans, corn, tomatoes, chilies, and onion in a large bowl.
- Add lime juice (if using) and oil, toss gently to combine. Taste. Add small amount of salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve by itself, with raw vegetables and/or corn chips.
Eating Smart, Being Active
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis