Cranberry Ham Slice
Cranberry juice, raisins, allspice, and brown sugar give this dish a sweet and tangy sauce. Serve with your favorite veggies for an easy dinner.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raisins, seedless
- 2 ham slices, 1-inch thick
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Set dial of temperature controlled burner at 225 °F. Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, and allspice in a saucepan.
- Gradually add the next three ingredients and stir. Cook until sauce thickens and boils.
- Place one slice of ham in greased baking dish. Pour one half of the sauce over the ham slice. Top with second slice. Add remaining sauce.
- Bake, covered in 350 °F oven for 45 minutes.
University of the Virgin Islands Cooperative Extension Service
4-H/Family & Consumer Sciences Program