Crunchy Vegetable Wraps
Full of fresh and colorful veggies, these wraps are a great way to help meet your MyPlate goal of making half of your plate fruits and vegetables.
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, low-fat (whipped)
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/2 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup broccoli (washed and chopped)
- 1/4 cup carrot (peeled and grated)
- 1/4 cup zucchini (washed and cut into small strips)
- 1/4 cup summer squash (yellow, washed and cut into small strips)
- 1/2 tomato (diced)
- 1/8 cup green bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped fine)
1. In a small bowl, stir ranch seasoning into cream cheese, chill.
2. Wash and chop vegetables.
3. Steam broccoli in microwave for 1 minute with 1 tablespoon of water.
4. Spread cream cheese onto flour tortilla, staying one inch from edge. Sprinkle vegetables over cream cheese. Roll tortilla tightly.
5. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving (the wrap will hold its shape better). With a sharp knife slice into circles and serve.
- Be creative. Try different vegetables, herbs and spices. Examples- green beans, lettuce, radishes, corn; dill, oregano, basil, mint, curry or chili powder.
- You can substitute pre-made flavored cream cheeses- chive, herb or vegetable.
- Try a sweet cream cheese and add fruit to your wrap for a different twist.
- This wrap is great with soup or salad or served as a cool summer appetizer!
Connecticut Food Policy Council.