Cuban Beans and Rice
Vinegar, oregano, garlic, and onions kick up the flavor in this classic rice and bean recipe.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 3 cups black beans (cooked)
- 2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups brown rice (cooked)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Sauté the garlic, onion, and green bell pepper until golden, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the beans, broth, vinegar and seasoning, bring to a boil then lower to a simmer; cook covered for 5 minutes.
3. Spoon over cooked rice and serve.
Food and Health Communications, Inc., Cooking Demo II