A favorite dish at parties and potlucks, Deviled Eggs also make a great, protein-filled anytime snack!
- 6 egg (large, hard-boiled and peeled)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Hard boil eggs by placing eggs in a saucepan and covering them with water. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to simmer; cook for 15 minutes.
3. Immediately rinse under cold water to stop cooking and to make it easy to peel off shells. Refrigerate peeled eggs (without shells) until ready for use.
4. Slice eggs into halves lengthwise. Remove yellow yolks and save whites.
5. Place yolks in a one quart zip lock style bag along with the remaining ingredients (except the egg whites). Press out air.
6. Close bag and knead (mush together) until ingredients are well-blended. (Note: you could also put yolks in a bowl with other ingredients [except the egg whites], and mix together well until they look like a paste).
7. Push contents toward one corner of the bag. Cut about 1/2 inch off the corner of the bag. Squeezing the bag gently, fill reserved egg white hollows with the yolk mixture. (Note if you used a bowl, you can spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites).
8. Chill to blend flavors.
Kids a Cookin’
Kansas Family Nutrition Program