A favorite dish at parties and potlucks, Deviled Eggs also make a great, protein-filled anytime snack!
- 6 eggs (large, hard-boiled and peeled)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hard boil eggs by placing eggs in a saucepan and covering them with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer; cook for 15 minutes.
- Immediately rinse under cold water to stop cooking and to make it easy to peel off shells. Refrigerate peeled eggs (without shells) until ready for use.
- Slice eggs into halves lengthwise. Remove yellow yolks and save whites.
- Place yolks in a one quart zip lock style bag along with the remaining ingredients (except the egg whites). Press out air.
- Close bag and knead (mush together) until ingredients are well-blended. (Note: you could also put yolks in a bowl with other ingredients [except the egg whites], and mix together well until they look like a paste).
- Push contents toward one corner of the bag. Cut about 1/2 inch off the corner of the bag. Squeezing the bag gently, fill reserved egg white hollows with the yolk mixture. (Note if you used a bowl, you can spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites).
- Chill to blend flavors.
Kids a Cookin’
Kansas Family Nutrition Program